Our earth is home to about 8 million different species, and among those critically endangered lies the orangutan. The orangutan is the only great ape to inhabit the islands of Southeast Asia and without our help they could be extinct in as little as 25 years. It is for this reason that we must heed the warnings of scientists and researchers alike, address climate change, create sustainable practices, and stop the orangutans’ trajectory towards disappearance. This year Earth Day focuses on the theme RESTORE OUR EARTH™.
Wondering How You Can Help?
Earth Day is focused on educating the public, enacting change, and encouraging a new generation of activists to keep our planet safe. Check out this helpful list of ways to help your planet (and orangutans) on earth day 2021!
- Use sustainable palm oil
- Avoid tropical hardwood
- Donate to non-profits focused on saving ecosystems
- Participate in Earth Day Events
- Reduce electricity use by planning “dark periods” during the day
- Walk or ride a bike instead of driving
- Learn more about endangered species & environments
- Volunteer with your favorite environmental organization
- Educate others on how they can help the environment
- Shop sustainably
- Participate in a beach cleanup
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Conserve water
Do you have other ideas on how to help our planet? Comment below!